The main purpose is to send information under certain circumstances.
You can set the automation to send:
personalized selection of information
notification when a new record is created in the sheet
notification when there is a change to a record from a specific column
snapshot of the sheet
all rows that have a Due date field and the cell value is an upcoming date in the next 7 days
all rows that have a Due date field and the cell value has a date today
all rows that have a Due date field and the cell value has a date older than today
How automation could be created?
The creation of automation is done from the base sidebar, which is located on the left. Here you will find an Automation button. After clicking on it, the automation management panel will appear. You can create a new one from the Add new button.
The automation creation and editing panel has the following fields:
- Status - according to the status of this field, the automation will be performed by the system or will be skipped.
- Title - a title of the automation, which should describe briefly and clearly what it will do.
- Description - a detailed description of the automation that will help your collaborators to understand its meaning.
- Type - a list of possibilities for choosing the type of automation (see types of automation).
- Period - the possibility to choose the frequency of activations. The field is active for the types: Custom selection, Sheet snapshot, Due soon, Overdue records/cards.
- Actions - choose where the notifications to be sent when automation is activated.
- Send to - select notification recipients.
Types of automation
The automation types are as follows:
- Custom selection - you choose what kind of information to be sent when the automation is activated.
For example: you can set the automation to search for all rows which have a value in the Name field.
or all rows where the value in the Name field is John.
- A record is created - this type of automation will send a notification when a new record is created in the sheet.
- A record is updated - this automation type will send a notification when a record is changed in the database. An additional option will appear so you can select the field you want to monitor.
- Sheet snapshot - this type sends all records from the last week. Similar to Custom selection, a Period field will appear.
- Due soon - This type will send the rows that have a Due date field and the cell value is an upcoming date in the next 7 days.
- Due today - This type will send the rows that have a Due date field and the cell value is today.
- Overdue records/cards - This type will send the rows that have a Due date field and the cell value has a date older than today's.